You can’t love others without first loving yourself.
We collaborated with model and nutritionist Alexandria Yamazaki to create a decadent chocolate treat to draw you inward.
“This recipe was developed with food and beauty in mind. Food is medicine, and one of my favorite ways to care for my skin is by consuming an abundance of micronutrients and antioxidant-rich foods. Our nutrition is greatly tied to not only our health but our skin. This beauty bark features 70% dark chocolate, an array of mixed freeze-dried berries (helping to preserve its nutrition), and buckwheat groats for an extra antioxidant boost. All of which pairs extremely well with My July’s Jar of Cozy Body Butter...”
DARK CHOCOLATE BERRY BEAUTY BARK
Makes around 20 pieces | V, GF, RSF, DF
10 oz (283g) 70% dark chocolate chips of choice, or use bar and finely chop
½ cup (14g) freeze-dried berries
¼ cup (50g) buckwheat groats, toasted
1 tsp (4g) vanilla extract
½ tsp (2g) almond extract
Flaky sea salt
- In a small pan on low heat, toast the buckwheat groats. Set aside.
- Line a 9x12 baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt your chocolate of choice in a double boiler. To create one, simply fill a pot halfway with water, and place a glass Pyrex mixing bowl on top. Turn the heat to medium and wait for the water to boil. Once boiling, add in the chocolate and slowly melt. Adjust the heat accordingly and continue to gently stir. Or, place in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla and almond extract. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the lined parchment paper and evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the toasted buckwheat groats, freeze-dried berries, and flaky sea salt on top of the melted chocolate. Gently press the ingredients onto the melted chocolate, ensuring it adheres.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for a minimum of an hour. For best results, leave overnight.
- Once hardened, remove the bark from the parchment paper and break it into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for a few weeks or in the fridge for a week.
Pair the treat with our Jar of Cozy Body Butter (take a bath, relax on your bed with a book...) for a fully sensorial experience.